Types of membership available:
Open Membership – Allows you to ride at any Club or Open event in Victoria including State and Australian championships, carnivals and events.
Club Membership – This permit is a cheaper option than the Open/Sprocket membership, but allows riders 8 years and over to compete in clubbies and training events at their home club only. They will NOT be able to compete at any other club or other clubs carnivals. You will also be unable to compete at open events held at your own club. You cannot purchase this type of licence if you have held a 4-month licence.
Sprocket Rocket Membership – The Sprocket Rocket membership is for any rider under the age of 8. The Sprocket Rocket program is a participation based program, taking the focus from competition to skill based learning programs. This allows children under the age of 8 the opportunity to tune their BMX racing skills in a fun, non-competitive environment.
4-Month Licence – The aim of this introductory licence is to allow new riders unlimited access to try BMX for 4 months before joining the sport permanently. The licence is aimed at riders to try BMX at a beginner club level. The below guidelines provide further information on the licence:
- This licence is an open licence and therefore members can ride at club and state level, however will not be eligible to ride at State Titles and National events;
- Following the 4 month introductory period the member is then eligible to become a full member (only Open or Sprocket, NOT club) and they will receive a $20 discount off the cost of their full licence;
- Only new members can apply for this licence (no renewals);
- Riders will be issued with a membership card however will not receive a plate or plate number (these are issued upon full BMXA Membership);
- This licence is only allowed to be purchased once by the member.
Non Competitive Membership – is aimed at any members who do not wish to race but who still wish to be covered by BMX Australia, for example coaches, national officials etc. This covers coaches/national officials, within their coach/official accreditation remit, at any club in Australia and provides public liability, professional indemnity and personal accident cover. This also covers all administration fees.
Volunteer Membership – All volunteers (including club/ state officials) can become members of BMX Australia and fall under our insurance, for free of charge. No membership card will be issued and this does not allow the applicant to race.
OTHER LICENCE OPTIONS
MTBA/CA members may submit a completed Add Value Membership Form direct to BMXA together with a photocopy of their current MTBA/CA license (must have least 3 months validity remaining on their primary membership) and pay $36 to BMXA. .
*Upgrade – If you choose to start on a Club Membership you can always upgrade to an Open Membership at any stage.
*No family discounts apply to BMXA membership fees.
*All BMXA membership fees are due annually on the anniversary of your Park Orchards BMX Club joining date.
*BMXA membership is your licence to race competitively. Insurance is included.